Friday, February 5, 2021

 

The Living Tree                                                                                    By : Tracy Huntington

 

I love the outdoors; I love the big trees by the streams of water. I imagine they have huge roots and small ones too running everywhere underground.

I am like a tree, running everywhere but above ground. Always so busy with work, husband, kids, grandkids, dogs, and the house, it is always something. But one day The Tree of Life caught my attention, I see the roots and wonder, how deep are they buried?

I have always told my husband when I am gone to heaven take my body and put it in a pod and make a tree out of me. God, said my child, (that is what He calls me), why are you going to wait until you are in heaven? Become the biggest tree you can now so that others can see me through you! Grow your roots in the riches soil, produce the best fruits, even in the off-seasons, when the weather is not the right climate.

Examine your own heart and allow God to show you which branches need pruning and which ones are still green and can be saved. Grow the biggest tree you can in yourself and in the best soil so your roots get the ever-living water, Jesus, and your leaves will be the greenest leaves and your blooms will draw those around you that they will want to come and take a bouquet from your tree and bring it into their house and start their own tree.

 

Psalm 1:3

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

3 And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither, and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].

 

Jeremiah 17:7-8

Amplified Bible, Classic Edition

7 [Most] blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.

8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters that spread out its roots by the river; and it shall not see and fear when heat comes, but its leaf shall be green. It shall not be anxious and full of care in the year of drought, nor shall it cease yielding fruit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

day 3 of 40 Days With Jesus

Day 3 of 40 Days With Jesus~ Follow Me one step at a time. That is all i require of you. In fact, that is the only way to move through t...