Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I struggled daily, but no more

 I got saved when I was 12 year old. I remember the day but not the message or the date. My grandfather was preaching and  I must of been paying attention, because I went forward and He asked me did I ask Jesus to come into my heart and I said , "yes sir" and that all I remember. 

As any teen I strayed away, or did I even really accept Jesus into me heart that day? I dont really know but I kept going to church and loved it, and tried to live right but then in Sept. 2002 I do know I asked Jesus to come live in my heart and I surrendered my all to Him. 

I have been in church all my life, and I love going to church, I read my Bible, and do all the things I am taught to do when you are a Christian, but I just felt this void, do I know that if I died right this second I would go to heaven? yes, no doubt but there again was still like this empty spot. It's like having a husband that you are madly in love with but there is just something not connecting. 

I got advice from my sisters and asked them what do you do? I tried all of that too, then finally I started blogging and talking to him and pouring out my feelings and sitting in a room, with just me and God it started happening, when I started writing from my heart here comes that connection, the void has been filled, the desire I longed for is here. 

 So now I will be blogging and journaling and feeling that connection with my Father. It's all in talking to Him, not just in prayer but as a best friend. 














2 comments:

  1. Perfectly said! Thank you for sharing this. I think many of us struggle with this same desire to be personal/intimate with God, Jesus and Holy Spirit. Your sharing your struggle and arrival are inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. awe Thank you. its not me but God who lives in me.....

    ReplyDelete

day 3 of 40 Days With Jesus

Day 3 of 40 Days With Jesus~ Follow Me one step at a time. That is all i require of you. In fact, that is the only way to move through t...